Sunday 4 December 2011

Lets start again - reflecting on the year

2011 has been an odd year and a very trying year. In terms of climbing the oddness and trying side have resulted in me not spending enough time climbing. Health and free time problems have left me fat and unfit.
On the plus side Ive recently passed my CWA assesment meaning that I can now work as an indoor instructor.
So... I feel like I need to start again from the bottom. Obviously I havent forgotten how to climb but I've lost my leading head inside and out, I lack stamina and I feel weak. My first priority is to loose weight. I joined a gym and tried to do assisted pull-up but I was so bad at them that I enroled a personal trainer to help me get fit, lose weight and get strong. My first goal is to get ready for the winter climbing season which will hopefully start very soon.
Progress has been good but slow, I've lost around a stone from when I was at my biggest in the summer but I need to lose at least another stone. I can run for 20 minutes and I'm starting to look more muscular. It hasnt really made an impact on my climbing mainly because I havent had chance to let it take effect and recruit my new muscle. Although i did reach a point where I couldnt lead at all so there has been some progress.

My climbing goals at the moment is to start leading Fr5 at the wall, Im ok at Fr 4 and 4+ (big wow, right?) and need to start trying the 5s.

plan for the next month - loose weight (get under 13 stone) and attempt pull ups.
Climbing - lead Fr5 and climb more than once a week

watch this space

No comments:

Post a Comment