Friday 1 January 2010

New Years Day!




The first day of the year seems like an appropriate time to start a blog. Today saw my annual bracing New Year walk, an ideal way to clear your head after a season of drink and food. For the second year running I went to Langsett resevoir in the Peak District along with millions of other people. I know it was going to be cold when I saw a man struggling to get his car out of the icy car park, I suggested putting the footwell mats under the wheels and off he went after a quick shove.

Langsett is an odd place, people are sometimes dressed like they have just wandered in after a nice trip to the shops. Which may expalin why a small boy pointed at me in my Montane smock, TNF softshell trousers and gaiters and said 'Look! A mountain climber!'.

Mnay people walk along the shore through the wood and then turn round but I always like to do a full circuit. The snow was hard and icy on the moors on top but luckily my 'mountain climbing' clothes meant that I was snug and comfortable. And maybe slightly smug.


No comments:

Post a Comment